Quote of the Day

Posted by Unknown , Thursday, October 30, 2008 10:59 AM

"One morning I woke up and got his tea ready and his breakfast ready and stuff and said, 'Hey, I need your opinion on something. I want to wear this dress to your wake.' And so I put it on and I stood up on the bed and I said, 'How do I look?' And he started to cry. And I said 'Oh God, I'm so sorry, I'll take it off. I didn't mean to upset you at all.' And he said, 'No, it's just that you look so beautiful. I'm so glad I got to see you in that dress.' And he kept crying, and I held his hand and sat down on the bed next to him and said, 'What's going on?' He said, 'It's just that I woke up this morning more ready.' And I asked him what that felt like, and he paused and looked at me, and he said, 'Well, I guess it's the same thing you felt when you put the dress on this morning.'"

--Andrea St. John, StoryCorps 83: "Dressed for the Occasion"

1 Response to "Quote of the Day"

Dylan Says:

I really hope I wake up like that tommorrow. Certainly haven't felt that in a while.

Post a Comment