The Day Before the End of the World

Posted by Unknown , Thursday, May 24, 2007 11:36 PM

I absolutely hate anticipation.

I've been fighting, trying to find a grad school, trying to scramble and be ready for my journey, and figure out where I want my life to go.

And I'm anticipating it all collapsing while I'm still trying to figure a way to hold it all up.

I am excited. Deep down. But on the surface, and perhaps a bit deeper, I am puzzled by feelings of regret, anxiety, and resentment.

I think it's a combination of all things life and spiritual. But I've been so disheartened lately that I question my own longevity to experience the meat of my life. People say it's gone by; I say it hasn't begun.

Tomorrow marks the beginning of the end of an era. Tomorrow, I begin to understand. Tomorrow, I begin to grow in presence, in strength, in understanding. Tomorrow, I begin to find the answer - if I am woman, if I am man, if I am androgyny personified, if I am human, if I am spirit, if I am goddess, if I am child.

Tomorrow I begin to see the world.

No longer will I be caged. I will taste freedom, and I will covet it, cherish it, and hate it, because it will have ruined my senses for this dimension I have escaped, for this path I have walked, for this air I have cycled. I will hate it and love it and become one with it and part from it - all at once. Once after once after once. Once will turn into a moment, and the moment will last forever. I will be in limbo with my existence, and it will swallow me and spit me, and I will welcome and despise it.

To a land of past, present, and future I travel. Where I find myself I cannot wait to discover.

1 Response to "The Day Before the End of the World"

Dylan Says:

We're with ye, Cap'n, to the pits of hell 'erself! Yo ho!

Post a Comment